Screen readers articulate in human sounding speech text, labels and other objects displayed on a computer screen enabling blind or low vision users to hear a description of both the content and location of the cursor in a specific application or program.
Features of JAWS
- Zoom for low-vision users
- Output for Braille display
- OCR capabilities
- Add object title and description
- Add recorded voice and sounds/music
- Connect objects to web and other files
- Use any Tiger® embosser or Windows printer
Licensing for JAWS
JAWS is licensed as apart of the CATS Assistive Technology(AT) Lab package. If you’re a CUNY student, staff, or faculty, please contact your CUNY campuses disability office. If you have any questions and would like to contact CATS, please email up at CATS@cuny.edu .
Students with extreme low-vision or who are blind.